Hi, Need suggestions for kitchen fawcet pipe fittings..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I had my kitchen sink taken out by the plumber a year ago and now is the time to attach my new one. At the moment the pipes are cut off like this and capped. I was thinking of using flexible pipes to the fawcet though what sort of valve would be needed to attach to these cut-off pipes to connect to the flexible pipes? I live in a first floor flat and share the water main with flat below.

Cheers

DSC_0117.JPG

Sponsored Links
Enjoy

Attachments

• 1CC8F3D0-C34B-4484-BEA3-65813067EE06.png
    1CC8F3D0-C34B-4484-BEA3-65813067EE06.png
    256.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 483B12B9-9E66-4325-A237-0DFC4CC5E6FE.png
    483B12B9-9E66-4325-A237-0DFC4CC5E6FE.png
    275.3 KB · Views: 74
Sponsored Links
Nice! Will loom into those Combicert, cheers. Ah yes I always spell it wrong! should have just said tap :D

Actually would I need the flexible tap adaptors? As it seems the flexible hose can screw in at the top of the isolation valve.

Actually would I need the flexible tap adaptors? As it seems the flexible hose can screw in at the top of the isolation valve.

Iso valve has chamfered edge to capture an olive and not a flat mating surface for the rubber washer in the hose... this edge can guillotine through the washer over time... hence the need for the adaptors.

Ah I see what you mean, thanks for pointing that out. With the addition of the adaptors there is little space for the hoses to extend, so will have to bend both hoses to fit in, is this ok?

Ah I see what you mean, thanks for pointing that out. With the addition of the adaptors there is little space for the hoses to extend, so will have to bend both hoses to fit in, is this ok?

It's fine for hoses to be snaked - that's what they're for but don't twist or kink them... When doing them up, hold the collet behind the nut with some grips - this should prevent them twisting(n)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back