Hi, Please help - potterton prt100 died :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new on this forum, my room thermostat - potterton prt100 died and need replacement...
I was looking at Honeywell DT90e ? it needs to be fairly simple to replace - DIY :)
It don't have to be anything fancy but it would be nice to change/upgrade to something from 21th century :)

Budget i have is around £40

Could anyone help please !!!???

Sponsored Links
Any wired thermostat will do. The Honeywell DT90e will be fine. I like the Drayton Digistat plus. Like the Honeywell it has a display that shows the set and actual temperature and a traditional rotary dial. You should get one for under £40, but it does require batteries, but they will last a couple of years. If you don't want the display then a simple dial thermostat like you have now such as a Drayron RTS1 costs about £15.

Danfoss do similar items for similar prices. [RET-B and RMT 230]

You will probably find that the existing mechanical thermostat will have three wires (Live, Neutral and Switched Live) the new thermostats don't usually require the neutral, so put it in a small screw connector to insulate it and tuck it in a corner of the new thermostat safely out of the way.

Thanks for quick reply !!! :)
I think i will go with Honeywell
Will it be to much to ask how i should connect the wires (potterton prt100 and Honeywell DT90e) ?

1 (Small) (Custom).jpg
2 (Small) (Custom).jpg

i'm bit new to this diy jobs :)

Please help if possible

I can't see the terminal numbers on the Potterton in your photograph to see what wires are connected to them, however, the terminals for the PRT100st (I think it's an 'st' model, it should be printed inside the cover) from the installation manual are:

Terminal 1=Live wire
Terminal 2=Switched Live
Terminal 4=Neutral

The Honeywell DT90 only needs the Live and Switched Live wires as follows:

Terminal A=Live
Terminal B=Switched Live
You don't need the Neutral or the Earth, so isolate them separately and tuck them safely out of the way.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back