hi warning pipe from the f&e cistern is leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there any one can help me why is this warning pipe leaking, i got up on the loft and checked that the F&E cistern is over filled up to the warning pipe i did empty half way threw the ball valve is working perfectly i think the water is coming from the expansion pipe, but why would it do that when the central heating has been off for the past month!!!!!! any suggestion much appreciated. thanks

Sponsored Links
if it is a holed coil in Cylinder it would probably be a constant drip, mine is now and than, ps what do you mean by pumping over, please thanks

When you say that CH has been off for a month, have you been using hot water?

Pumping over is when water runs into the tank from the vent pipe that hangs over the top of the tank.

If the ball valve is OK, sounds more like a hole in the coil in the HW cylinder.

Sponsored Links
thanks for your replays.Hot water is been used daily as normal. so what would cause the pumping over ? thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back