Hidden Retaining Screw on UPVC Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I have changed two out my three cylinders in my doors. My last door I cannot find the Retaining Screw ? Any ideas people, I dont want to take the side of the door apart unless I have to. Please advise.

Sponsored Links
if its the slave door in a set of French doors then you have to take the mullion off which is the vertical bar which is screwed to the slave door you should see some screws holding it on then cylinder access will be underneath

when the doors are shut together is there a upvc section in the middle that is attached to the door on the left this whole section(mullion) should be able to be unscrewed you should be able to see unless it has been screwed behind the metal locking plate

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for your reply, yes just checked and its behind the metal locking plate...looks like I will have to remove the mullion. Would I be correct in saying if I remove the two screws at the top and bottom they will allow me remove the mullion?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back