Hiding bath waste Plan 3

ABN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks to the replies to my other threads I realise that my first two plans to hide the bath waste pipe will not work.

So on to plan 3. Do have a plan 4 but that involves divorce lawyers and advertising for a new wife, possible Russian. Since I’ve kinda got used to having the current one around and after 15 years I’m nearly fully trained would rather not go with that plan.

So plan 3. The kitchen is underneath the bathroom and the sink waste runs through the wall and into a brick “shaft” 2 to 3 ft deep which is a “spur” off of the main drain. The idea is to mount the bath u-bend under the floor and run the drain pipe parallel with the joists. Through the outside wall, run it down the wall next to the rain drain pipe, then underground at an angle and into the brick structure as low as possible.
So questions, some very simple I suspect, regarding how to do it.
1) Can the outside and underground pipe be the same white stuff used for the internal pipes? If not what pipes should I use?
2) Should the hole through the wall be horizontal or at the same angle as the waste pipe.
3) What size hole do I cut into the wall. The outside diameter of the joining (bend) piece is larger that the diameter of the pipe and would like to keep it as close to the wall as possible and whats the best way to seal the pipe into the wall?
4) How do you get from an angled run to a horizontal/vertical run. The bend connectors are a perfect 90 degress so would tend if trying to keep a simple striaght run, as I see it, to not allow this.
5) How do I join the pipe into the brick “shaft”? Can I simple drill a hole and shove the pipe through and attempt to seal it with a silicon compound of some form?

Sponsored Links
Who`s the cat :?: ........SHAFT :rolleyes: is there a gulley with water in @ the bottom.......Q.4 use swept bends.92.5 degrees ;)

Nige F said:
is there a gulley with water in @ the bottom.......Q.4 use swept bends.92.5 degrees ;)
Yup there is a gulley with water in at the bottom.

Does a 92.5 degree bend exist or is it a mythical creature?

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
Why don't you have a look at a catalogue?????
Did look at a catalogue. Whilst it had some very nice blowup dolls it didn't have any plastic piping. Well none thats suitable for plumbing anyways :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back