Hiding Sink Waste Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fitting a corner sink without a pedestal into a small cloakroom and want to hide the 1.25" waste pipe. I can't get any access under the floor from the stud wall partition that it will be fitted to and I don't want to go straight through the outside wall and have a visible external waste pipe. So, I was wondering if I could chase it into the breeze block inner cavity wall. This would be approx. 8ft along the wall long and would eventually drop down to floor level where I can join it up the toilet waste pipe. I would then plasterboard over the exposed waste pipe.

Basically can I run the pipe through a hole chased into the inside of an exterior wall? :confused:

Sponsored Links
It sounds like you're considering cutting a 2" square horizontal slot 8 feet long in a 3" thick wall that may be supporting a floor or roof above :eek:

That doesn't sound like a very good idea to me.

Perhaps you could drop the waste down to floor level, and run along against the wall, then finish over it with skirting board spaced off the wall with a 1-1/2" batten at the top. You would need about a 2-1/2" drop in 8 feet, so a 6" wide skirting board should be enough to hide it.
You could put a piece of ply/plasterboard diagonally across the corner under the basin to conceal the vertical pipe, but remember that you may need access to clear blockages in the future.

TicklyT said:
It sounds like you're considering cutting a 2" square horizontal slot 8 feet long in a 3" thick wall that may be supporting a floor or roof above :eek:

That was the jist of the idea and I did wonder about the effect on the wall structure.

Will go with your idea of hiding behind extended skirting. (probably easier job too !!)

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back