Hiding gaps

J

jarvis2

I have a few gaps in my lining paper which I intend to paint, how do I hide the small gaps caused by uneven walls?

Sponsored Links
Fill the gaps with Polyfilla or similar - either ready mixed or make it up yourself. Leave to dry then sand lightly. When painted or papered over, the gaps should be invisible.

I personally would not use any type of ready mixed filler. It dries too hard and is difficult to sand down. Normal power filler is better as it is softer to rub down without damaging the face of the paper.

How about using decorators caulk?

Thanks for the replies so fare. Can I ask another question please.

I need to paint a wall that has been plastered with dirty great snots on it, a bit like you see in Spain. No roller would do it. I have tried with a standard 2 1/2 inch brush, but it has taken me hours to do a small area. Is there a better brush that I could use?

Sponsored Links
I personally would not use any type of ready mixed filler. It dries too hard and is difficult to sand down. Normal power filler is better as it is softer to rub down without damaging the face of the paper.

Perhaps it depends on the brand you use and how old it is. I've used Polycell ready mixed filler and that was fine - used sparingly, it sanded down just the same as mix-it-yourself stuff.

I wouldn't use decorator's caulk for gaps in paper - too rubbery, can't be sanded down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back