hiding join on worktop edging

Sponsored Links
use a was crayon or permanent marker of the same colour.
if you can get the correct colour marker,run it down the join a bit then wipe off the excess with white spirit then do a bit more,if you allow to dry it will always show.

The edging has been fitted wrong
It should have been fitted over the top slightly and then filed and sanded flush
You need to get a permanent marker of the same colour and run it along the edge now as Gregers has said
You are correct in the fact that colour fill will not work properly

An old trick is to run some talcum powder along the edge and then get some superglue and very quickly and lightly run it along the join line
This does work surprisingly well BUT and I do mean BUT you really need to practise this on some offcuts to get a feel for it other wise it will make it worse :evil: :evil:

The edging has been fitted wrongIt should have been fitted over the top slightly and then filed and sanded flush

I did do it that way. The edging is a white material on top a brown wood, the line I can see is the thickness of the edging the brown bit. I will try a crayon or perminant marker. Do both stay or do the come of after a while? Which would be better crayon or marker? Any pros and cons?

Sponsored Links
Would a crayon be more perminant? Also wood yards have a special wax crayon should I use that type or will normal crayon be ok. How are they different

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back