Hiding pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
I have an exterior wall in my bathroom (i believe is is an extension). The wall is i believe 2 brick thick (doubt it has any fancy caverty). On the inside of the wall there are pipes leading all the way along the wayy feeding the sink and toilet. I want to get a bowl sink and therefore boxing the vertical piping up the sink would look rubbish...so

can you grind a channel for the pipes into the brick work and hide the pipes in there and just plaster&tile over them

thanks guys

Sponsored Links
sorry that should read hiding pipework in the title :)

MOD 2

it does ;) now

Not a good idea :cry: you would need to put the pipes inside a plastic sleeve because the pipes will expand and contract with temperature, so if you seal them with plaster the plaster could chaff on the pipes and cause a leak :LOL: I've seen this happen when somebody buried pipes in a concrete floor and they leaked.

Can you not put the pipes under the floorboards and come up inside the pedestal of the sink so you wouldn't see any pipes. ;)

Sponsored Links
racket said:
Not a good idea :cry: you would need to put the pipes inside a plastic sleeve because the pipes will expand and contract with temperature, so if you seal them with plaster the plaster could chaff on the pipes and cause a leak :LOL: I've seen this happen when somebody buried pipes in a concrete floor and they leaked.

Can you not put the pipes under the floorboards and come up inside the pedestal of the sink so you wouldn't see any pipes. ;)
thanks. I cant hide them in the floor easily because its a concrete floor and the sink will be a counter top bowl and hence no pedestal

Any ideas on how to hide them

Another thing you could try is what I did, instead of hiding the pipes why don't you do the pipes in chrome and make them look nice with nice stand off brackets, if the rest of your fittings are chrome then it will all match ;)

Just a thought :LOL:

Unsure if this would be an option but you could stud the wall out to hide the copper and waste pipes? it would take a few inch off the room but would be far less work and could be a better finish. depends on the room size?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back