Hiding wash basin pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bathroom wash-basin sits on a plinth, the U cross-section plinth, has a gap between the rear of the U and the wall is around 3 or 4 inch, leaving the ugly pipes exposed and on show. Long ago, I cut a pair decorative faced ply-wood, just to slip in at each side of the pipes, H + C + waste straight out through the wall, just to hide the pipes. A box shape over the pipes doesn't work, due to the angles, the thickness of the U and the pipes being partially protruding into the U. The flat ply panels do sort of work, but have to thread in at an odd angle. How are such pipes normally hidden?

Sponsored Links
;)
1672944227309.png

Sponsored Links
It has a pedestal/ plinth, it just leaves a wide gap at the rear, where you can see these ugly pipes at the back, via the gap between it and the wall. Most of the basin weight is taken by the plinth, but when I need to do any work on the pipes, I ease the plinth out and replace it with a piece of timber as a support.

The best idea I could come up with, was to fit some eaves UPVC fascia L shaped board, stuck to the wall, via the short leg of the L, with the longer part perfectly cut to match the (slight curve) of the plinth. Rather than being pushed in at an angle, like ply / \ to hide the pipes - at a neat right angle.

Careful plumbing- so the waste and supply pipes all come up within the base of the plinth, use a compact U bend and don't have a mile of slack on the flexis. Vanity unit is much nicer and makes good use of otherwise dead space.

Reactions: CBW
My gran used to hang a piece of curtain around the pedestal base; maybe you could do something like that?

You can buy some "naff" freestanding units that fit round the pedestal - probably about as naff as sticking bits of plastic round it but cheap and cheerful.

Yep, had one of those and as you say - totally naff. I gave it away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back