Hiding your identity on the web

I stated all IP's give something away and that is proved
The opposite has been proven - see 255.255.255.255.

the fact the answer does not please you is of irrelevance to me.
It neither pleases me, nor displeases. It's just wrong.

This makes no sense. What does "Far being annoying" mean?
I apologise for missing out one word - it was a typo that I had already corrected before you posted.

And just by endlessly repeating "you truly have missed the point" holds no water...
...which is exactly why I haven't endlessly repeated it.

Sponsored Links
I stated all IP's give something away and that is proved
The opposite has been proven - see 255.255.255.255.
You can send global messages to 255.255.255.255 but you can’t set a device address as 255.255.255.255 so not really of any relevance. If a device replies it must be a something like a NIC.

the fact the answer does not please you is of irrelevance to me.
It neither pleases me, nor displeases. It's just wrong.
Nothing new to report there then black is still white, I’ve proved my point.

This makes no sense. What does "Far being annoying" mean?
I apologise for missing out one word - it was a typo that I had already corrected before you posted.
I accept your apology.

And just by endlessly repeating "you truly have missed the point" holds no water...
...which is exactly why I haven't endlessly repeated it.
Your replies are just starting to blur in to one and it feels like it then……

The posts are getting shorter so is the end to all this drivel close :LOL: Networks are pretty boring but a necessary evil I suppose about like printers IMO.

None of this "banter" is likely to help the O/P, who has probably slit his wrists by now.

I feel mod intervention coming.

None of this "banter" is likely to help the O/P, who has probably slit his wrists by now.
:LOL: Not quite yet :D But have to say that topic is going a little further than I anticipated.

I do have some knowledge of IP addressing (admittedly fairly basic) and was merely seeking to improve my knowledge and understanding by posting here. I feel that the information I received has been enough to answer my original post

Sponsored Links
I have been able to hide my identity on the web quite well, I am in fact someone completely different. Or so the voices keep telling me. :LOL:

Back