high pressure in boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Worchester 24i junior combi boiler and the pressure has suddenly gone from 1 bar to just over 2 bar. I believe 2.5 bar is the top end of safety level. Can I drop this back down myself or is it possibly a callout job.
Everything is working ok otherwise but it concerned me the way it suddenly shot up.
Any help or advise would be appreciated. :)

Sponsored Links
if you can find a drain off on the system,take the pressure down to 1 bar when cold and see how you get on,just check the filling loop wasn't left open by accident

Thanks but I'm not sure what to look for. What I do see is a flexible hose in steel and one end has an open and close knob. I opened this, system made a whooshing noise but no change in pressure.

Sponsored Links
It is possible that your expansion vessel has either lost it's charge or has become faulty. See FAQ for recharging.

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back