High pressure on Vokera boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, the pressure on my boiler is 3 bar and it should be between 1 and 1.5. It keeps making a snoring noise when not in use. I had a new bathroom radiator fitted a couple of months back and I think the system was bled then. Even when the heating and water are off the pressure remains at 3. Also one of bedroom radiators will not go warm at the top and when I've tried bleeding it a small bit of air releases then nothing. No water drips like in the other rads. Does anyone know how I should lower the pressure? Whether it is dangerous to continue using? Whether it's a problem with the pressure clock if still at 3 when off?

Sponsored Links
The pressure on the boiler gauge is showing the pressure that the water in the central heating circuit is sitting. If the CH has cooled down, the pressure won't go down unless you let some water (or any air) out. Bleed water out of a lowest rad into a bucket for a long time, or find a drain cock, if there is one, which might be on a radiator pipe near floor level or sometimes on a pipe protruding out into the garden. Some boilers have drain valves on flow and return pipes; you would need a short length of narrow hose and a bucket to use this without getting water everywhere.

Don't be tempted to use the Pressure relief valve - sometimes these drip after being operated.

You have a point in that there is always the possibility that the pressure gauge has got stuck. Give it a gentle tap.

Vokera Compact or Option by any chance?

Water coming out of the pressure relief?

If so its probably the heat exchanger.

If not ignore everything i just said :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back