High pressure problem

Thanks Libby

Removed the loop and switched the water back on. The valve on the other side wasn't a screwdriver slot; just a nut & I think that's been closed the whole time. No geyser, I'm pleased to say. The pressure is still high though - over 2 bar even with the boiler off for hours & hours. Can I just bleed one of the radiators until the pressure comes down? I don't really know what caused it to go up in the first place. Could it have been the fill loop, even if the valve on the left (hot water return?) was closed?

There's a very slow drip (not me!) coming from the rear of the unit somewhere, and I've not located the source. I'm getting very confused about whether these are separate problems, or if they are all linked in some way...

Sponsored Links
Let's get a few things straight.

1. The valve with the black handle, fitted near a tee into the rising main, is a ball-o-fix isolating valve.

2. The device on the other end of the braided hose is a check (aka non-return) valve.

3. There is no "slot" to turn on either of these valves.

Can I just bleed one of the radiators until the pressure comes down?
Yes.

I don't really know what caused it to go up in the first place. Could it have been the fill loop, even if the valve on the left (hot water return?) was closed?
Yes. If the isolating valve wasn't properly closed.

There's a very slow drip (not me!) coming from the rear of the unit somewhere, and I've not located the source. I'm getting very confused about whether these are separate problems, or if they are all linked in some way...
You need to fix the boiler leak. It might be the AAV. While that's being done, check the EV and replace if necesssary.

Hi Folks

We drained the system down and removed the filling pipe and this seems to have resolved the problem.

Thanks very much for your help, its saved us a small fortune. :D

Neil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back