Highlighting Topics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Topics which have been viewed turn green. It does not seem to be on first viewing but after a couple or more. This is very useful if you don't want to "watch" a topic and be inundated with emails.

I think it would also be useful if topics which I have replied to could also be highlighted in another colour (Yellow?). again so I don't get bombed with emails!

Secondly. is there any way of sorting the topics so the ones I am interested in, i.e. already viewed/replied can be listed first?

Sponsored Links
I think the colour change happens as soon as you refresh the scree (oe open it again)

have you tried clicking on "Watched Topics ?" is that any use?

I think the colour change happens as soon as you refresh the scree (oe open it again)

I am sure you are correct; I just haven't checked it out properly

have you tried clicking on "Watched Topics ?" is that any use?

The problem with "Watched Topic" is that you get an email every time someone replies to the topic. If you are watching several topics, the number of emails can soon be overwhelming.

The options which need covering are:

1. Not read: stays Blue
2. Read: turns green
3. Watching: changes color (Is email necessary?)
4. Active participant: email for new posts (and changes color as 3)

What about the sorting aspect, so the ones you are interested in rise to the top?

The problem with "Watched Topic" is that you get an email every time someone replies to the topic. If you are watching several topics, the number of emails can soon be overwhelming.

that happens on some forums, but not on this one. you just get an email the first time it is updated, then no more (however many more times it is updated) until you look at it. the email just tells you it has been updated at least once since you last looked at it.

Sponsored Links
you just get an email the first time it is updated, then no more (however many more times it is updated) until you look at it. the email just tells you it has been updated at least once since you last looked at it.

I was not aware of that :oops:

Thinking about it further, I suppose a "Replied Topics" button, in addition to the "Watched Topics" one, would fit the bill. Alternatively, automatically mark all "Replied Topics" as "Watched".

... automatically mark all "Replied Topics" as "Watched".

it does that.

Really :?:

73kj574.jpg

You must be privileged :!:

So what does it? I have cookies enabled for diynot.com, so that can't be the reason.

Found it There is an option in my Profile :)

Sponsored Links
Back