Hikvision CCTV theoretically same spec but poor quality

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a few Hikvision DS-2CE56H1T-IT3Z. They are motorised exir 5mp. I am getting very good quality picture.

I then purchased a
Hikvision DS-2CE56H1T-IT3 for my front door. Besides for it being fixed at 2.8mm the specs look to me the same and the model number also almost identical, but the picture quality at playback is no where near the same quality. It is washed out. Am I doing something wrong?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Are you sure the second camera is genuine? Hikvision is heavily counterfeited.
I did do some research then and I recall it had things about checking the packaging quality and print on labels etc. This one looked fine so I trusted. I purchased off ebay...
Is there a way to check?

Last edited:
From my research now, it seems the issue is the Chinese market version and not counterfeiting. Correct?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Most of the Hikvision sold on eBay are either fake or grey imports that are a different spec and unsupported.
There is at least one authorised UK dealer that sells the genuine item on eBay, but you might as well buy direct from them.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back