Hikvision ip cctv video jump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening.

I have a hikvision nvr with five ip dome cameras that are 4mp.

After a burglary down the road I was asked by the police to have a look at my cctv to see if anything had been caught. When I have reviewed the footage I have found that there is quite a bit of video jump especially at night.

This has shown the lads running past my house and then as they are half way past the image stops and they jump to the edge of the screen and continue running.

I don’t know if the settings on the nvr need changing as it appears that all the cameras jump at the same time so I would assume that it is not a camera fault.

I have provided a screen shot of the settings.

Thanks for any help

Attachments

• FF4BD677-8208-491E-BC44-2D4D4F71A239.jpeg
    FF4BD677-8208-491E-BC44-2D4D4F71A239.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 187
Sponsored Links
When you reviewed the footage did you watch directly on the NVR or through the app/web browser? If directly on the NVR I would maybe think the hard drive could have a problem.

Your current recording settings are less than ideal and will be eating up hard drive space like there's no tomorrow. It could be that your NVR is struggling to process the data from the cameras at maximum framerate. I wouldn't advise going above 10 FPS, Medium/Higher video quality and then make sure the maximum bitrate is within the range recommended for those settings. Enable H264+ to reduce the bandwith as well.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the responses.

It’s been very odd. I’ve downloaded the footage onto a memory stick for the police and when viewed on the computer via the stick there is no lag or jump...

Think I may have a little play with the settings after the above post. Thanks

Which nvr, which cameras and what hard drive is in there.

The nvr should be able to cope at full whack with an appropriate hardrive.

You have to be aware that you may lose some quality using compression whether that’s acceptable or not is your decision.

The playback will depend on how it’s reviewed, screen or internet browser.

Clearly the footage has recorded okay the viewing method appears to be the issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back