Hikvision Turret Camera nit supporting higher resolution

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hikvision NVR with ethernet cables connecting the cameras.
I previously had two Hikvision Dome cameras which support a high resolution (2688x1520).
I've now purchased two additional Hikvison EXIR Turret camera. It has the separate IR as opposed to the integrated - which is the case with my existing domes.

My issue - I cant set a higher resolution than 640x360 on these. They are supposed to be a higher spec than my existing domes. I've included a picture of the config and would be grateful for your advice.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• cctv.png
    cctv.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 185
Sponsored Links
hmm,

Looks like your accessing the sub stream, rather than main stream with those options on resolution, but not you are clearly on main stream.

whats the nvr and are you directly connected to the NVR or going via your own network?

Sponsored Links
The nvr is hikvision too.
The screenshot above was me connecting to the admin app over the internet. Not locally connected to the NVR

not exactly what I was asking.

an NVR/ DVR can send signals back to the camera and force it to change back from one value to another.

however not sure that's whats is happening here mind.

the screen shot is what you would normally see for the sub stream, that is sent to your mobile device, rather than the main streem, in the menu you can default the camera, so I would start with that?

Not sure whats going on to be honest never had this issue.

pm me if you want me to have a gander at these remotely.

Sounds like you need to upgrade the firmware on your NVR to support the new cameras. Quite a common occurrence with Hikvision gear in my experience (and a pain in the backside)

Thanks for all the help guys.
Here is the version of my system and when I select "update", it suggests that I already have the latest version. Where next guys?

I have the offer from @secureiam for remote assistance if we have run out of obvious suggestions. Thanks again

upload_2018-8-27_20-58-23.png

It will always say it's up to date when you press the button, I'd be almost certain that it's not the latest version. What model NVR do you have? Finding the correct firmware can be a nightmare without the correct details.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back