Hikvision camera with Audio Out lead usage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have this Hikvision dome camera (DS-2CD2566G2-IS) which I've already installed. It has a built in mic and an "Audio Out" lead (terminates with green female blocks). The guide does not explain how to use this lead and I've searched the web for a compatible speaker. No one seems to be selling a speaker to go with Hikvision cameras. There's an omni directional mic you can buy and there's a so-called "horn" speaker (looks like a megaphone), both by Hikvision but that's it.

I hope my understanding is correct, that I can plug in a relatively low powered speaker into the camera so that the person standing underneath it can hear me as I'm speaking through the app? camera has a mic, I can hear the audio.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Maybe this will help

may be able to advise differently if we know what you want from the audio

Maybe this will help

may be able to advise differently if we know what you want from the audio

Thank you! I simply want the sound I send from my phone to reach the person standing under the camera in the way that I can hear them.

From the link above, it looks like that connector is to wire in an external mic, not an amplifier for a local speaker.

Sponsored Links
I'm just going to wire in a small speaker from an old laptop and see how it goes!

You could try wiring a small speaker onto those terminals, but I would use a speaker with as high impedance as possible, i.e. several hundred Ohms rather than 4 or 8 Ohms, (should be printed on the back of the speaker : a number with an Ω symbol). The 'audio out' of the camera might be an output of the microphone in the camera, in which case what you want to happen will not work.

But give it a try anyway and let us know if it does.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back