Hikvision Turret Camera nit supporting higher resolution

Sponsored Links
Can you point me to the download link please?
Presumably I can then upload this into my system to apply the update.

search for hik firmware updates

make sure you select the right one, can be confusing as theres lots to chose from that appear similar.

My first port of call would be to contact your reseller for the correct firmware version. Is it a genuine UK machine? If it's an import (eBay?) you'll risk bricking the machine by trying to update it.

Sponsored Links
should only buy from genuine UK resellers, struggle to get firmware easily or uptodate from my distributors, and some just take you to the portal with the full list.

Update: I've contacted the re-seller and he has provided me with the firmware download:
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/port... 2018/Back-ends/NVR/[7600NI-E1(E2) 7700NI-E4]

I've tried to upload and apply this upgrade remotely through Internet Explorer but it keeps reporting "upgrade failed". I've reported this back to the re-seller and very helpfully, he has tried this on his end and shown me that it works. However, he has done it physically on the NVR (not remotely) with a monitor connected to the DVR and a USB (with the firmware) plugged into the NVR. I was planning to do the same today but need to hunt down a laptop for the USB transfer as my laptop encrypts everything!

Does the above sound plausible? I would appreciate your thoughts.

I have always downloaded from the portal, extracted the file onto my desktop, then transferred the firmware file (should be "digicap.dav" file) onto a USB stick. Plug into the machine, go to maintenance and upgrade.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back