Hikvision

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a supplier for 4 x hikvision colourvue cameras and a NVR 1/2tb please and a rough cost ?

I have reolink at the moment but the ghosting at night is shocking.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Not familiar with reolink but ghosting at night sounds like a power/ cabling issue

colour vu wont be any better if the cabling is the issue.

I supplied someone once with some analogue colour vu, they didn't want an installer to charge for fitting. however when the night image was shocking and it was shocking they asked for us to come out, the problem was the cheap and nasty super thin cable being used from the previous swann system, cable upgraded and correctly terminated picture was fantastic day and night.

my suppliers don't supply to general public unfortunately.
You don't say whether you want analogue (shotgun style), poc style, poe style or what resolution or what colour casing and so on.
Can you be more specific?

Not familiar with reolink but ghosting at night sounds like a power/ cabling issue

colour vu wont be any better if the cabling is the issue.

I supplied someone once with some analogue colour vu, they didn't want an installer to charge for fitting. however when the night image was shocking and it was shocking they asked for us to come out, the problem was the cheap and nasty super thin cable being used from the previous swann system, cable upgraded and correctly terminated picture was fantastic day and night.

my suppliers don't supply to general public unfortunately.
You don't say whether you want analogue (shotgun style), poc style, poe style or what resolution or what colour casing and so on.
Can you be more specific?
Reolink sold on Amazon, they gave the ethernet cables but could probably try a better one.

Its not for the same house hence me looking at different than reolink, I’ve saw on youtube the 5mp colour vue look decent for what I need and white or black would do ( whatever is cheaper if thats the case)

Running cables isn’t a issue but POE seems the way to go if im not mistaken.

Sponsored Links
frame rates, compression and resolution.

5MP are analogue cameras, fairly sure the color vu ip go from 4MP to 8MP.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back