HIKVision or Reolink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I am thinking to install a CCTV at home (about 5 of them to protect the property and Garden) I have been lookingat both HIKvision and Reolink (also looked at the Panoroma series on HIKVision and wondering if they will be banned in a few years time?)

Can anyone advise which ones will be a better fit (from your experience) I have heard that HIKVision only allows limited view through their website and does not have an app to look at the live feed when required. whereas Reolink has got the app.

Also HikVision Colourvue is a better option? Dont know about Reolink.

I was looking at the 8 channel ones (does that mean that it will allow me to connect 8 cams to these channels) I am looking to go for the NVR /POEs.

Is there any other alternative?

Any advice will be greatly received.

Cheers,
LK

Sponsored Links
Hikvision uses hik connect or others.

I can see domestic use being banned but new sales more likely. The likes of appl and Google play have tried to stop apps and you can download from hikvision App Store.

You may need to enable on your smart device to download from thirdly part sites.

As for what’s possible, that all depends on budget and what you need the system to do.

Cameras and storage should be specified for use and not bought off the shelf as a pre configured pacakage unless that really does suit your needs

Hikvisions app "HikConnect" is great. I find HikVisions cameras do a good job.
Just stick whatever you choose on a Guest network ( Isolated VLAN) as all these devices are known to "talk" or have back doors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back