Hilti TE 22 Drill Switch/Trigger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Trying to repair a Hilti TE 22 drill (older metal type)....

Last time I was using, the speed was intermittent between really slow and normal, now I first thought of faulty switch but then thought may brushes....

My question is, was this particular model a variable speed switch/trigger controlling the drill speed (as cannot remember) or just plain on and off?

This information would help in getting to the bottom of the issue....

Many thanks !!!

Sponsored Links
I can't really see a metal cased hammer drill having a variable speed switch. Certainly my first couple of SDS drills back in the early 1980s (Bosch and Kango) were "all-or-nothing" types, i.e. a simple on-off switch without soft start or vari-speed. A number of Hiltis I've looked at (mainly saws) had got Marquardt switches, as did some AEG, Bosch, Kango and Wolf power tools. If yours has there's a chance you can source a replacement as Marquardt are still around. If it's a Hilti switch then you'll struggle

I can't really see a metal cased hammer drill having a variable speed switch. Certainly my first couple of SDS drills back in the early 1980s (Bosch and Kango) were "all-or-nothing" types, i.e. a simple on-off switch without soft start or vari-speed. A number of Hiltis I've looked at (mainly saws) had got Marquardt switches, as did some AEG, Bosch, Kango and Wolf power tools. If yours has there's a chance you can source a replacement as Marquardt are still around. If it's a Hilti switch then you'll struggle

Here is a photo of the switch I found on Youtube, I know it is double pole....

Attachments

• Capture 2.JPG
    Capture 2.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 142
Sponsored Links
Only two wires in/out and no electronics board? If so it won't be a VS type

Thanks JobAndKnock, here is a better photo I just found....

Sounds like brushes in that case (so that's good), it was not cutting out at all just varying in speed....

Many thanks again !!!

Attachments

• Capture 3.JPG
    Capture 3.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 82

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back