Hilti TE22 SDS drill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok guys.

I recently got given a used Hilti TE22 SDS drill by a mate who had a few of them spare at his company. I also got given a second one that has a fault (it doesnt work currently)

I stripped the broken one down to see if I could source the fault.
Switch is fine.
Brushes are like new
Armature is fine and has no faults

But I cant remember how to check the Coil to see if there is a fault on it?
Does anyone have any experience of power tool repairs please?

If I recall correctly there should be a resistance when I put my multimeter probes on the terminals on either side of the coil (the ones that lead to each brush holder)

and there is NO resistance showing, so theres either a short, or my test is flawed!!!! Any technical advice appreciated.

Also, do Hilti use their own 'special' SDS bits?
because my normal SDS bits dont seem to fit very well into the Hilti chuck?

Ive seen Hilti SDS bits on ebay but not sure if they are basically SDS plus bits (mine are just basic SDS) or if Hilti have been stupid and gone and made their own SDS fitting?

If it has to have special Hilti SDS bits I might as well chuck it in a skip :cry: as Im not buying a whole set just for this 2nd hand drill!!

Sponsored Links
you are right in your thinking, but do ypou mean no resistance or open cct?

either way soulds like the coils are kaput, needs a rewind, but here in lies the problem, cost of rewind may be more than whole new drill (might not)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back