TE-T Drills (SDS-T)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im confused, i've had and SDS+ drill for years and realise that SDS and SDS+ are the same.

I also realise that SDS MAX are out there.

Since my SDS+ destroyed itself the other day i've been looking at buying a cheapish Hilti from ebay to replace it, however the model that i'm looking at is advertised as using SDS-T (TE-T) drill bits.

Is this a totally different system or just another name for something already out there.

Matt

Sponsored Links
the sds t is hilti's own version of sds but it is now obsolete.(that was from Hilti's customer service this pm)

sds and sds+ are the same thing as far as us mere mortals are concerned, I have heard that it is the difference between rotary and rotary stop but I can't confirm that as I don't know for sure.

sds max is the larger diameter of sds used for breakers and the like.

Ah ok, thanks for that.

If SDS-T is indeed a Hilti proprietary system I will probably avoid.

The drill in question is going at a good price, but probably reflects drill bits being hard to get / expensive.

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back