Keyless chuck to sds chuck adaptor

Sponsored Links
only gonna use the sds bits as I got about 300 given and the majority of them are brand new and un used

Then you need to buy an sds drill.
Which is designed for high impact use. It has a piston inside as already stated.

Last edited:
200 sds bits, you don't turn your nose up at them but you mentioned amongst other bits and bobs, got to ask but with so many sds bits surely there's an sds drill somewhere amongst those bits and bobs, unless he acquired them like you hoping to find a clip in sds chuck lol?

Sponsored Links
I think he wants it the other way round: an SDS chuck that will attach into a standard keyed/keyless chuck.

Correct ;)

in reply to the other post about me needing to buy myself an sds drill , I already have an sds drill, but its big and clumbersome, so rather than mess about trying to line the flutes of an sds bit into my chuck, it would have been simpler if there was a ready made adaptor you could buy. Solved the problem now anyway, just got a knacked sds drill given this morning, so I am going to remove and adapt the chuck.

Cheers for all the replies guys, appreciated

Last edited:
200 sds bits, you don't turn your nose up at them but you mentioned amongst other bits and bobs, got to ask but with so many sds bits surely there's an sds drill somewhere amongst those bits and bobs, unless he acquired them like you hoping to find a clip in sds chuck lol?

He was an older guy, in his 60s but was a retired builder due to ill health, there was no sds drill in the shed, however I did get a pilar drill that has a sds chuck fitted, so I am assuming that's what the bits were used in,

Then you need to buy an sds drill.
Which is designed for high impact use. It has a piston inside as already stated.

I already have a big daft sds drill, I just wanted an adaptor to fit my cordless, so the bits would fit properly instead of wasting time trying to line the flutes up to get a decent grip.

I only need a piston if I want the drill to act as an sds drill, which I do not. I want it to act as an ordinary cordless drill that will accept sds bits, that's all, no need for grunt or anything. ;) cheers for the reply tho

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back