Keyed Chuck to SDS Chuck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning, everyone, first post of many I hope.

I have been searching the net without luck. I would like to turn my powered keyed chuck drill to be able to use SDS bits. If there is such a thing.

All I can find is the chuck for the other way SDS to Keyed. I have one of those.

I want to be able to go the other way as the SDS capable drill I have is one of those monster things and far too heavy to keep lugging around, as I am disabled with mobility difficulties.

Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
The SDS mechanism is very different to a 'normal' drill. You would never get SDS performance out of your drill even if such an adapter existed.

Just use normal masonry bits.

thanks for reply,

I had sort of feared there would not be such a thing, from drawing so many blanks in searches.

I'll take that advice and go with what you say.

thanks again

Sponsored Links
The better quality bits like the dewalt and bosch own branded ones will give better performance (using a standard drill) than cheapo or poundland bits. But your SDS, though heavier would drill the holes quicker, meaning you are only holding the drill for 5 seconds instead of 30.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back