Chuck adaptor ??

Because an SDS drill works differently to a standard hammer drill - hence the bulky end on the SDS drill bits. You may as well use standard bits in a standard drill and this is the reason manufacturers don't convert the other way. There is no point.

20 sovs on fleabay

Sponsored Links

your link has worked mate, that was similar to what I was after, that only converts sds to sds plus, if that was the sds, I could just cut the fluted bit of shank away and that would work the way I wanted it to. I now have an old sds drill which I am taking the chuck off and converting it to fit my cordless , cheers for your reply

Sponsored Links
that only converts sds to sds plus

No, it isn't. I think you are looking at the SDS Max to SDS plus converter.

The item below it is what JimCrow was linking to...

porta_hex5.jpg

It replaces the chuck of your drill.

No, it isn't. I think you are looking at the SDS Max to SDS plus converter.

The item below it is what JimCrow was linking to...

porta_hex5.jpg

It replaces the chuck of your drill.

Got ya,

Unfortunately I don't want to replace my chuck, I wanted an sds chuck that I could fit INTO my chuck when needed. I have been using sds bits in my cordless for a canny few years now but its a chew on trying to get the flutes lined up best as possible with the jaws everytime you want to use an sds bit, therefore I use ordinary bits when possible but when I need to use sds its, I just fasten sds chuck into my chuck, then push sds bits in as you would with an sds drill, very quickly and no hassle.

I'll bite...

Can't you just put the SDS end straight into the chuck? The SDS end is generally circular with keyways and flats - align it with the three teeth of your standard chuck and it might just be centred correctly. I don't like the chances of it holding for long, and you might gash up the chuck teeth but....

In the same way you can still put a quick change hex bit into a 3 jaw chuck - though happily having the right number of parallel surfaces helps this to not end in tears/knackered chuck.

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
Back