Hinge adjustments on upvc door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hoping you can give me some guidance on these hinges. They have two screws (allen key) on the top of the hinge, and one on the side of the hinge. I'd like to know what each of them does before i start adjusting them, i have tried google images but haven't been able to find any the same as these. Also a very small screw of the side of the hinge, is that also an adjustment screw?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Mich

IMG_6620.JPGIMG_6621.JPGIMG_6623.JPGIMG_6624.JPG

Sponsored Links
2nd picture. The silver bolt adjusts the height of the door, the gold looking bolt is the hinge pin which when turned 360° acts like a cam and moves the door in/out/left/right, it already looks offset. Pic 3 the little hole in the side moves the door sideways left or right depending which way you turn the allen key, expect some slop to be taken up first when turning before things start to move

Thank you crank

So the one nearest the frame adjusts up and down, the one on the side adjusts left and right - that's all good, but can you explain a bit about the hinge pin - "when turned 360° acts like a cam and moves the door in/out/left/right, it already looks offset" Not sure what you mean by that bit. The screw is already sticking up further than the ones on the other hinges, and i wondered why. Also, the tiny screw in pic 4 - is that anything i need to know about?

Mich

The little grub screw stops the hinge pin riding up and out

Screenshot_20230121_091556_Samsung Internet.jpg

The pin looks like a single lobe camshaft, turning it 360 degrees moves the main hinge body screwed to the door in a circular motion

Sponsored Links
OK, got it!

Again, thanks for your help, very much appreciated.

Mich

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back