Hinge spacers on UPVC door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Im told that nothing exists what so ever to pack out flag hinges from the door and its frame on a uPVC door. After some alterations a uPVC door no longer opens much past 90 degrees as the hinges hit the new surround - effectively the door is set too far into the wall now.

A simple solution to me would be to pack out the door hinges from the door and frame to enable the door to swing open. I reckon 20mm packers would make a huge difference to the angle of opening.

As no such products appear to exist, I am thinking there must be a good reason for it?

Has anyone fashioned there own packers / have another solution other than moving the door forward?

C

Sponsored Links

Thanks for the suggestion and link.

Possibly could work but I would prefer to make my own spacer so it would be white and match the profile of the hinge.

Pity I cant get an answer as to why such a upvc product does not exist. I wonder if the concern in cantilevering the door off the frame puts excessive strain on the frame and hinges??

Had rather hoped that some UPVC expert would be able to put the record straight here.

C.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back