Hinges for concealed door?

Pivot hinges, such as https://www.screwfix.com/p/-/3651p
The part of the door between the hinge and frame goes inwards when the door opens out, so you will need to accommodate for that in the design of the door and frame.
Totally invisible when door is closed, and will also carry a substantial weight if required.
Don't have room to use these, bottom step is only 40mm behind where door will sit.

Sponsored Links
Don't think they will hold as door and frame are 18mm mdf.
Yes - minimum door material thickness is 19mm for the smallest SOSS, I believe. I suppose you could glue and screw an additional wooden strip up the hinge side of the door, but that would seem a bit of a bodge, maybe?.

Yes - minimum door material thickness is 19mm for the smallest SOSS, I believe. I suppose you could glue and screw an additional wooden strip up the hinge side of the door, but that would seem a bit of a bodge, maybe?.
Even with it,it would not allow for an overhanging frame on the hinge side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back