hiring a decorator for a small job ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, is it possible to hire a painter/decorator to just paint the top of a high staircase ? or would they expect to be paid to do the whole job ?

I can do the rest of the large stairwell but the roof is about 12ft (probably higher)
Last time we had the whole hall,stairs and landing done it cost £400 labour and he didnt do a great job.

so my question is...
any painters and decorators have any idea if a P&D would just do a part job ?
Thanks
:)

Sponsored Links
Hi, is it possible to hire a painter/decorator to just paint the top of a high staircase ? or would they expect to be paid to do the whole job ?

I can do the rest of the large stairwell but the roof is about 12ft (probably higher)
Last time we had the whole hall,stairs and landing done it cost £400 labour and he didnt do a great job.

so my question is...
any painters and decorators have any idea if a P&D would just do a part job ?
Thanks
:)

I think a painter and decorator, or any tradesman would do as much or as little as a cutomer would want. It's still earning a wage.

Roughcaster.

Thank you Roughcaster for taking the time to reply, I will find one tomorrow and give them a call tomorrow for a quote :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Your advice is good.And offer is also nice.I will try it.Thanks for sharing.

If they have to come a fair distance they will probably charge you for the day anyway...so you might as well get them to do as much as possible.

I have been asked to do the long drops on a staircase and landing it took me til about 1 o clock..I had to charge the customer for the day unfortunately so we agreed that I would stay on and do and much as I could for her..I had to leave the job at five with two rolls remaining..

She ended up paying the lady who originally had the job 50 quid to hang them :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back