Hitachi HDR325 Digital Recorder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I wonder if anyone has the answer to this?
I've just bought this Hitachi recorder, and it's excellent apart from one problem.
It's got low power standby (1 watt!) which is great, but at 3am it switches on to receive series link update info (the book says), BUT it doesn't switch off and go back to standby afterwards. It stays on.
It's possible to disable the function, but I'm using the series link, so that's not an option.
I can't seem to get any info from Hitachi's website, either.
Can anyone please help?

Sponsored Links
Never mind; and Hitachi aren't interested either. Couldn't be bothered to reply to my email.
Fortunately for me I can return it to Argos and get my money back.
Lesson learnt: DON'T BUY HITACHI!!!!!!

are you sure you can rely on returning it ??
when i accidently bought a hitachi hd freeveiw it was exempt from the 30 day gtee

have you been into the power down/saving part off the menu

Sponsored Links
BIG ALL
Should be okay. I checked this with Argos; you can't just return something cos you've changed your mind, but if it's faulty you can.
And yes, I've been into the menu, and the power down option is turned on.
Oddly, it doesn't do it's preset recordings on standby; it turns itself on, which would be okay if it turned itself off afterwards.

you never know really what they classify as faulty
i suppose i could have made something up and they would never know lol :D

as an aside
you will waste more money in petrol returning the machine than you will save over the the 3 to 5 years the machine is likley to last for

the consumption "on" is likely to be sub 10w call it 9 for 5 hrs till you get up and put it on "off" so 45wper day or 16 kw a year or around £1.80p a year or around £5 in 3 years :D

I took it back this am. No problem.
It's not so much the cost I was concerned with, it's more the fact that the thing was switched on for hours; I'm not comfortable with that as a potential fire risk.
It's a 12v recorder with a step-down transformer box thingy plugged in, and that got quite warm after a while. And had I set it to record something at say, 11pm, it would stay ON till the morning. No thanks.
Argos have been very helpful: can't fault 'em.

Mind you, the Hitachi is only part of this....
We wanted a digi tv recorder to replace the one in the dining room, which still works ok, but doesn't have Series Link. (Not a big deal but...)
So we went to Argos and got a BUSH BU11FVRSD50. WARNING: DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE!!!!!
One snag is it's got no indicator display on the front, but it set up and recorded okay, but on playback it would let out a 'crack', the picture would fragment briefly, and the sound level dropped. It did this half a dozen times in a 40 minute recording.
I phoned the helpline; he talked me through reformatting the hard drive, which he assured me was the problem, but still the same afterwards.
So I returned it to Argos and exchanged it for another one. This one was EXACTLY the same.
So I returned that, and that's when we got the abovementioned Hitachi, yesterday.
Being a glutton for punishment, I let them talk me into one more try; the Bush again, as they'd had a new batch come in.
This one also... EXACTLY the same!!!! Can you believe that!!!
What a load of junk! Money back this time!![/b]

mines is fine [bu11fvrsd50]
my only complaint is when you finish watching a recording you have to reenter the recorded menu and scroll through the the recording stored and waiting to be recorded[ i have over 100 items recorded] one at a time untill you reach the one you have just watched to delete it
mind you i just realised yesterday if you use the channel up and down button you jump around 5 recordings

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back