Hitachi L22DP04U - No Colour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I hope somone can help me out here please?

My Father in Law has an Hitachi L22DP04U - 22" LCD TV / Combined DVD,which has a perfect picture but has recently lost all colour. The set has been installed and working fine for around 2 years previously.

The TV is in a 1st floor bedroom and independantly connected to an external aerial (no Scart leads). Both the TV and the DVD playback are in black and white only.

I have tried all the basic set up options inc full re-tune (1st time installation) etc, but nothing seems to work.

My Father in Law tells me that this has happened before and "by fiddling around in the menu settings" he got the colour back on!

Any advice would be much appreciated - thanks.

Sponsored Links
Well, I'd have said the set is faulty but if "fiddling around with the settings" fixed it previously, maybe you'd better repeat that. Maybe it's set to an incorrect standard such as SECAM?

Thanks for the feedback Sam.

What is SECAM and where would this be found? If it is set to SECAM, what should the setting be?

As I don't have the manual, I'll pass that question back to you. RTFM.
If SECAM setting exists it will produce the B&W picture that you describe. Therefore the setting should not be SECAM. Be inventive. Try other settings. Chances are, they won't cause it to explode.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back