Hitachi M12V

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone striped a Hitachi M12V router down to replace/repair the locking plate? I need to know how to get the collet assembly off the armature, which I think will give me access...pinenot :)

Sponsored Links
Oops soory about the title in the first post, should have stated M12V router...pinenot :oops:

mines came loose once it just unscrews
so expect a sharp tap will get it out

When you say unscrews, the plate on mine is 1/8" plate steel which sits under three alloy lugs cast into the router base with a reverse bent lug on one side enclosing a return spring. Is this the same? :)

Sponsored Links
you dont touch the slide as that locks onto the collet shaft
or am i misunderstanding this as usual ?? :D

The slide is exactly what I need to strip out as it has flared /compressed (by others may I say) this stops the lock function working properly and I need to strip it out and flatten the plate reshaping it at the same time.
Also I broken the magnet at the top end of the armature, am I hiding to nothing, I don't know if I can get a replacement... pinenot :)

i personally would put a new full chuck assembly and a new locking plate into the machine
the amount off effort to damage the plate would be enormous so would expect other damage
but at £150 for a new machine may by worth buying a non functioning machine from ebay

I've ordered the parts, now it's down to how best to strip down and get access to the plate...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back