Hive 1 Install to Biasi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, if anyone can help this would be appreciated.

Bought Hive 1 last week with intention to install. Got so far and I want to check if this is correct.

My Boiler is a Biasi Advance Plus combi 35kW but it doesn't have programmer built in, just a simple on off for heating demand, hence buying the Hive.

Installed as per pictures below. Read multiple threads on line about wiring in and cant get it to work when you try the override button on the Hive. Current install is:

L - L
N - N
Comm (black wire) - 1 in boiler
3 (grey wire) - 3 in boiler

Any help on this would be appreciated..

upload_2016-11-8_14-11-30.jpg

upload_2016-11-8_14-11-44.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi, the Hive has 2 types of receivers. The SLR1 which is for heating only and is volt free and the SLR2 which is for hot water and heating has voltage on terminal 1 and 3 when switched on. If your boiler is a combi boiler and you use the SLR2 you could damage your control board. Looking at the manual for your boiler i think it should be a SLR1 volt free.

I am not very familiar with the Hive, but the Nest III has an opentherm output which can drive an opentherm input of certain boilers like , Biasi, Viessmann and Intergas etc.

It can then modulate the heating flow temperature and thus provide weather compensation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back