Hive 1st Gen with Baxi Combi 33HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Puchased a Hive 1st Gen single channel SLR1b a while back and now looking to install it - I've got the Baxi Combi 33HE with a wireless timer/thermostat.
Terminal block shown - wiring goes to a fused spur.
I've looked on various forums but struggling to find my setup - a walkthrough on installation would be great

Thanks

Attachments

• boiler.jpg
    boiler.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 208
Sponsored Links
Think I've found the answer but will wait for confirmation - 5 core cable - N,L,E from receiver to corresponding in the terminal block , 4th wire from common 1 on the receiver to LS in terminal block and 5th wire from 3 on the receiver to LR on terminal block, remove link between LS and LR. I think!
What do I need to do with the existing wireless timer and receiver on the boiler?

Sponsored Links
As you have figured, remove the yellow link between Ls and Lr, then:

Ls = 'Live supply' which should be wired to Hive terminal 1 'Common'
Lr = 'Live return' which should be wired to to Hive terminal 3 'Heating On'

The Hive also needs a permanent neutral and permanent live, these can be picked up from the boiler N & L terminals shown in your photo.

Any existing internal controls should be set either to be permanently 'on' 24/7, or decommissioned and the switching contacts wired together with a link. I don't have the details of the timer controls fitted to your boiler to advise you how to do this or if it is a DIY job or needs to be done by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back