Hive 2 installation on vokera syntesi 35?

Just did, made no difference :( tried boiler in all configurations, no different

Sponsored Links
Just reread your post, you've checked voltages, your receiver must be duff.

Have you set the clock on the boiler? Is there 240 volts between yellow and blue or red and blue? If not the blue might not be connected at the other end.

If you've got voltage to the live connection and Earth and no lights, the receiver must be a gonner. Even if you'd managed to cock up 1 and 3 you'd still get Amber flashing on receiver when plugged in.

Sponsored Links
Have you set the clock on the boiler? Is there 240 volts between yellow and blue or red and blue? If not the blue might not be connected at the other end.
I have 114v between red & blue, and 190v between blue & yellow (72v between red&yellow)
Appreciate all the help guys, I really do

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Oh dear, just looked in boiler, blue is not connected, any advice really appreciated. Sorry for the goose chase!

IMG_3480.JPG
IMG_3481.JPG
IMG_3482.JPG

Last edited:
Otto, I as an engineer would rip out the 3 core earth cable. It has no place inside the boiler. Solid conductors apply sufficient pressure to sometimes lead to connections on the pcb. This is based on personal experience and looks hideous

Otto, I as an engineer would rip out the 3 core earth cable. It has no place inside the boiler. Solid conductors apply sufficient pressure to sometimes lead to connections on the pcb. This is based on personal experience and looks hideous
Sorry DP, I really don't understand what you're suggesting, how will this help, is it purely for aesthetic reasons?

Last edited:
Would It be easier for me to wire this direct to the boiler in a convenient place, and just leaving the old thermostat out of service?

Yes now your in there, remove that yellow/red and run a new 5core flex to the receiver (by side of boiler will do) use the connections the red and yellow come out of for 1&3 on the receiver and obviously you need L-N-E (don't really need earth but I do it anyway).

Tested the receiver today by connecting it directly to the mains via a plug, appears to work fine, amber light and green heating light. Just need to connect it to the boiler now :(

Yes now your in there, remove that yellow/red and run a new 5core flex to the receiver (by side of boiler will do) use the connections the red and yellow come out of for 1&3 on the receiver and obviously you need L-N-E (don't really need earth but I do it anyway).
Hive is now working, wired receiver as described, all is good, thank you guys for all the help I really do appreciate it. Tomorrow I will tidy all the wiring up and fix thermostat & receiver to a permanent location. Big thanks :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back