Hive active heating kit CH & HW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've got the above to fit to control my heating and water. My current boiler is a new ideal logic heat 15. I have a my son 2mep controller and a Honeywell manual thermostat.
I tried to change it over today and all seemed fine.
However when I went to CH on it did not spark the boiler up however the HW worked fine.
Can anybody advise as to what I'm doing wrong.
I wired the receiver up as stated....N, L, 3-HW on and 4-Ch on.
Thermostat removed and wires made safe.
Can anybody give me advise as to what i am doing wrong please.

Sponsored Links
When you say you have "disconnected the room stat and made the wires safe" did you join the live and switched live wires together? If not then you need to do so.
Do you have a Y plan (one valve with three pipes) or a S plan (2 valves with 2 pipes)?

Thanks Johnmdc
Pretty sure it's an s system but I'll check later.

I did initially join the 3 wires together but this caused the boiler 3A fuse to blow. Currently I have connected 1 + 3 together leaving 2 safe but unwired. The boiler is working to the hive thermostat now but when not used comes up with a FD no water flow error but fires up when called to. I did notice this morning that although its set on economy 69 degree it was showing on the boiler heating to 80 degree.

Thanks in advance for your advise it's very helpful

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back