Hive Active-heating turns on but won't turn off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I generally regard myself as a pretty capable person but this one is really puzzling me!

I've wired up my Hive Active to the Worcester 28 boiler (combi) and I can get the call to heat to work but then the boiler heats up to mega temperature and won't turn off. Just wondering if I've made a mistake with the wiring? Anyone got any tips please? I've tried it with and without the link wire.

Thanks!

Deb
IMG_20170723_153449-min 2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Do the wires in the cable on the right go to the boiler Ls and Lr terminals, or somewhere else?

If they do go to Ls and Lr you shouldn't need the link. In any event, if the brown wire is connected to LS the link won't matter as Ls is the live supply which it gets from the boiler anyway. On the other hand, if the brown wire is connected to Lr (live return) the link will energise it permanently and the boiler will stay on permanently.

Last edited:
Thanks Stem-I'm not too sure where they go on the boiler to be honest! Shall take the cover off and have a gander. Here's hoping the terminals are marked on the boiler!

Alternatively, If you tell us where each of the wires went to on your original programmer and what make / model it was we will be able to work it out.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Stem! I took the link wire out and it's working fine. Sorry for the slow reply-been madness here in Edinburgh! You're a kind and helpful gent and I'm much obliged.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back