Using dual channel Hive receiver with a combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
By mistake I've bought the Hive Action Heating kit for a system boiler with a hot water cylinder and I have a Combi. Can anyone help please regarding wiring the Hive as a single channel device.

Sponsored Links
Hi, you could just use the heating side of the control. It's a hard to answer question as it depends on which boiler you have and what controls you currently have.
Dan

Can you not send the twin-channel version back and either buy the single channel one or scrap Hive altogether and buy the far superior and cheaper Honeywell T6?

Love Hive, got many Hive products (lights, plug sockets, motion sensors etc). As has been said - use just the heating side of things or swap it out for the single channel. The Honeywell T6 looks to be wired and you cant connect any other smart products to it so is a backward step.

Sponsored Links
Love Hive, got many Hive products (lights, plug sockets, motion sensors etc). As has been said - use just the heating side of things or swap it out for the single channel. The Honeywell T6 looks to be wired and you cant connect any other smart products to it so is a backward step.
Honeywell T6 is vastly more energy saving than Hive due to advanced logic, there's a wireless version (T6R) available and it's fully compatible with Apple HomeKit, Google Home, Amazon Alexa, and IFTTT

Honeywell T6 is vastly more energy saving than Hive due to advanced logic, there's a wireless version (T6R) available and it's fully compatible with Apple HomeKit, Google Home, Amazon Alexa, and IFTTT

Vastly ? - by what measure ?

I know what OpenTherm is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back