Hive active heating with Worcester i30 combo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all ...... please could anyone provide some advice regarding the correct wiring for Hive receiver to Worcester Greenstar i30 combi boiler ? The instructions from Hive are relatively easy to follow, but the existing wiring on the boiler bares little resemblance to the required wiring for the Hive controller :

I don't want to blow up our xmas present by wiring incorrectly, but would be husband of the year if I could get this to work !!

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
There is a '230v Out' set of terminals at the boiler that has a live terminal marked L. This would go to the Common terminal of the Hive Receiver (1). The 'Heating On' (3) terminal of the Hive Receiver would then go to the terminal marked LR (Live Return) with a radiator symbol at the boiler. Any existing wires or links between these two terminals at the boiler should be removed.

The Hive Receiver also needs a permanent mains supply, so the 230v N & L could supply that also.

If it's easier than running two wires from the same place, you can run one live, and link the 'L' and 'Com' at the Hive end.

You don't mention any existing controls, but if you do have a programmable thermostat already, it may be easier to install the Hive Receiver there as the cables will already be in place, rather than modifying the wiring at the boiler end.

Edit. Sketch below added. Hope it helps.

img340.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your advice Stem. Finally got the Hive device working last night ...... was more problematic than I thought due to the fact that the existing manual thermostat was wired directly into the boiler, and I had to remove this and make the connections safe before Hive could take control.

In any case ...... with your help, I am now truly "husband of the year" !!

Cheers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back