HIVE and ESI Controls - HELP

That's what it was based on, if you would rather they replace the programmer that could be done as well.

That was with cables removed.

You can either run a 4-core flex from receiver 2 > wiring centre and 3-core from receiver 1 > wiring centre or run a 5 core from receiver 2 > wiring centre and a 3 core between receiver 1 > 2, with a wago to connect the spare core inside stat 2 for the heat call. Use red tape and brown sleeving for the earth core to be repurposed as a switched live.

If you want the 2 receivers to replace the programmer disconnect the thermostats from wiring centre, link the L and NO terminals on the wiring centre for heat 1 and heat 2, and run a 3 core and earth between the 2 receivers. Again, 1 core will be wago'd in the dual channel receiver.
Thanks again for the information.

I am wanting to replace the programmer and have the receivers there in place of the programmer, instead of placing them in the water tank cupboard.

Based of your information could you confirm if this is right? If I were to do the programmer side, I wouldn’t need to do anything more to the PCB other than remove the original thermostats and link L>N/O?

By 1 channel will be waggod, what do you mean? I know it will be clipped but which one?

Attachments

• IMG_3527.jpeg
    IMG_3527.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3515.jpeg
    IMG_3515.jpeg
    325.7 KB · Views: 22
Sponsored Links
Your drawing will work, you're not allowed to run unsheathed cable outside of the enclosure though. Use the dual channel to replace the programmer, wago the spare core (either brown or black, grey is the hot water). Cable to single channel is then connected to live, neutral and the wago in the dual channel box.
You can either mount the single channel directly to the wall, make a hole in the wall just big enough for the cable and fish it into the programmer box or fit a new 1 gang box beside it.

Your drawing will work, you're not allowed to run unsheathed cable outside of the enclosure though. Use the dual channel to replace the programmer, wago the spare core (either brown or black, grey is the hot water). Cable to single channel is then connected to live, neutral and the wago in the dual channel box.
You can either mount the single channel directly to the wall, make a hole in the wall just big enough for the cable and fish it into the programmer box or fit a new 1 gang box beside it.
I know I’m going to be a pain.

Is there any chance you could draw it out for me? I’m still not sure what you mean by Wago to the dual channel etc.

So the removing all thermostat wires in the PCB for STAT 1 and STAT 2, and bridging STAT 1 L>N/O and STAT 2 L>N/O will work?

I think I do know what you mean, but want to me sure of it :)

Appreciate it!

Sponsored Links
Should do. I'd leave the thermostat cables coiled up somewhere out of the way in case you decide to go back to wired in future.

Should do. I'd leave the thermostat cables coiled up somewhere out of the way in case you decide to go back to wired in future.
Yeah, I was planning on it.

Thank you for everything, I really appreciate it. I’ll attempt it later today!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back