Hive heating self install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
3XiyjwU.jpg

Hi, just looking for some advice as to whether with this wiring I'll be able to do a hive receiver self install.

I get that the black wire will need to go to common on the hive receiver and the grey wire will need to go to Heat off (NC) and the live and neutral wires will go to their respective terminals, this seems too easy am I missing something? The boiler is a Valliant Ecotec Pro 28 combi.

Cable from power (3 core?)
Blue - Neutral
Brown - Live
Green - Earth

Cable to boiler (5 core?)
Blue - Neutral
Brown - Live
Green - Earth
Black - Common
Grey - Heat Off (NC)

Thanks for any advice!

Sponsored Links
It's just a matter of removing all of the wires from each terminal of the Siemens RCR10 receiver, and re-connecting them to the appropriate terminal at the Hive that carries out the same function. You should use the single channel version of the Hive for a combi boiler.

Siemens L = Hive L
Siemens N = Hive N
Siemens Lx = Hive 1 (Common)
Siemens L1 = Hive 3 (Heating on)

and the grey wire will need to go to Heat off (NC)
No, there is no connection required to the 'heat off' terminal. It is not used, just like the Siemens L2 terminal isn't used now.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back