hive heating won't turn off baxi 105e HELP!!

No , old thermostat and programmer was removed during renovation works. Boiler has been without a thermostat for months.
How did you get the boiler to work with the thermostat removed? It sounds as if someone must have put a link in somewhere (so that the boiler was permanently 'on').

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Thermostat was removed and only way to control the boiler was to manually select heating and hot water . There was no temperature control just all or nothing

Thermostat was removed and only way to control the boiler was to manually select heating and hot water . There was no temperature control just all or nothing
I wasn't suggesting that there would be any temperature control without a thermostat. However, when one removes a thermostat it would (at least in my experience) normally/commonly be the case that one would have to insert a link (to emulate the thermostat) for the boiler to work at all. Do you know what was none with/to the cable that was connected to the thermostat before it was removed? Is it (the cable) still in place, or was that also removed?

Kind Regards, John

Everything was removed there is nothing connected to the boiler apart from hive . I will take some pictures tomorrow and hopefully someone can help. Thanks again

Sponsored Links

Ok here is the wiring to my baxi 105e from hive receiver. Anyone any ideas now?

I noticed there are 2 black wires coming out of 1 in the boiler is this correct ?

Last edited:
No. No links.

Something wrong somewhere.

Remove the wire from 3 on the receiver. Does boiler go off then?
If it does then there must be a problem with the Hive.

Removed wire from 3 on receiver and boiler still firing ? So looks like no problem with hive?

IMG_1453.JPG

And here is the wiring to my receiver please someone help this is driving me
Nuts!!

Regarding the boiler wiring. There are two black wires in the terminal one up from the bottom (1). That's wrong. One of them should be in the bottom terminal (2) It doesn't matter which one.

As per the diagram posted by EFLimpudence earlier.

upload_2018-1-17_17-29-20.png

EDIT
In the photo of the Hive backplate wiring it looks like the earth is coming out of the brown wire, and they say the camera never lies. ;)

Last edited:
Regarding the boiler wiring. There are two black wires in the terminal one up from the bottom (1). That's wrong. One of them should be in the bottom terminal (2) It doesn't matter which one.

As per the diagram posted by EFLimpudence earlier.

View attachment 134900

EDIT
In the photo of the Hive backplate wiring it looks like the earth is coming out of the brown wire, and they say the camera never lies. ;)

Haha bad photography ! The earth was not coming out the brown wire lol.

So I put one of the black wires into 2 and it's worked! So pleased thank you so much don't know why there were 2 blacks coming out of 1 but moving it has sorted the problem. Thanks to all who contributed :)(y)

Good, glad it's working. EFLImpudence and JohnW2 had already worked out the problem.
No other wires in 1 or 2 in the boiler?

However, when one removes a thermostat it would (at least in my experience) normally/commonly be the case that one would have to insert a link (to emulate the thermostat) for the boiler to work at all.

Instead of the installer inserting a link between terminals 1 & 2, the boiler black wires had simply been put in the same terminal instead, which from an electrical point of view achieves exactly the same thing. Your photo of the boiler wiring just served to highlight where the problem actually was.

Good, glad it's working. EFLImpudence and JohnW2 had already worked out the problem. ... Instead of the installer inserting a link between terminals 1 & 2, the boiler black wires had simply been put in the same terminal instead, which from an electrical point of view achieves exactly the same thing.
Yep, that counts as a 'link' to me (functionally), even though it obviously would not have been apparent as such to the OP :)

Glad you managed to get it sorted out for him!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back