Hive heating

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi want to connect new hive into heating replacing a horstmann channel plus h37xl.
I have attached a pic. My current setup on right and hive diagram on left. The the HW on is wired into the live. Is this ok on the hive? It looks like to like for me

Attachments

• 76EF4321-C21B-43F9-9150-83A854D340DA.jpeg
    76EF4321-C21B-43F9-9150-83A854D340DA.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 143
Sponsored Links
Good evening,

I’m struggling to see why the hw on is just linked to Live? How do you currently heat the hot water?

Yeah this was wired in before I was in the flat. HW is heated when heating is on. It heats radiators and water. If we need water quick we have immersion heating but try not to use that much

Personally I’d say you don’t need it, I don’t understand the heating off terminal either, it’s what normally turns the heating on? Do you have any other programmers or anything?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Found out it was just set up as a normal “switch”. Anyway I got a mate in from trades to be safe and all sorted. Thanks for the info.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back