Hive install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am installing a hive onto my existing controls which is a Siemens RWB29 programmer.

Have attached photo of existing wiring, is it just a straight swap?

Thanks

Attached Files:

• a" style="margin: 0px; padding: 10px 10px 0px; overflow: hidden; zoom: 1; background: url("styles/default/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png") center top repeat-x rgb(207, 220, 242); border-radius: 5px;">

• 15154093325126116540.jpg
    File size:
    220.4 KB
    Views:

• 1515409367041406407488.jpg

Sponsored Links
You'll need to modify your wiring center as well to remove the requirement for the thermostat - do you know where it is and what it looks like?

It's funny you should post, I will be installing a Nest this evening in place of the same programmer.

A note... judging on the lack of quality with the wiring in the thermostat I would proceed with caution unless you know what you are doing. Likely to be a lot more crap cabling...

Thanks for reply homer, there is no thermostat. It is just the programmer

Sponsored Links
That existing wiring is disgusting. As mentioned above it needs correcting. I would also be checking all the the other heating system wiring as well. Who the hell joins the earth wires together with tape when the earth terminal is right there? Assuming they are earth wires...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back