Hive installation on Alpha intec28x

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone

I bought hive single channel for my combi alpha intec28x boiler.

Currently I have a wired thermostat in the hall RS2 and programmer in the kitchen acl model LP111.

When I tried to install hive, the wire layout from the programmer (as to hive receiver) is exactly the same.
But when I disconnect the old thermostat from the wall nothing happens, the boiler doesn't fire up.

So I guess I need to disconnect the RS2 thermostat and change wires in the boiler to make it work, but I dunno which ones and where. Could somebody help please?

Sponsored Links
you dont need to change anything at the boiler end, you have a supply and a switched at the old thermostat, these need to ne linked together somewhere, you cant just remove it you need to make a link

Did you alter any wires at the boiler end? It appears the blue wires are mixed? As in switched is one cable feed and the other is a neutral?

You don't show a photo of the RS2, but I imagine it will look something like this and have terminals marked L, 3, 2, & N. If yours is different post back details.

rs2-jpg.176386

If it is like this, I would normally expect to see wires in terminals L, 3 and N

Assuming that this is the case, the cable from the thermostat should be traced back to its origin. Most likely it will go to the LP111 and not the boiler as @Chris_W suggests. When you find its origin, note where the wires in L and 3 are connected and then disconnect the cable. Now link together the connections where the wires going to L and 3 have just been removed from to complete the circuit.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
@stem yes, it is exactly that thermostat.

Even when I connected hive receiver but the RS2 thermostat was still on the wall ot worked, I just don't know what to connect together and where.

Should I take one of the fee wires from N (assuming is for the thermostat) and connect it together with 3 (heating on)?

Do not connect N to anything, Blue wires does not mean it is Neutral

No two systems are wired exactly the same, especially when it comes to the colours of the wires used, they are the personal choices of the person who installed it. It is what a wire is connected to at each end that determines what it does, not the colour of its insulation. So unless you know what each wire is connected to and what it actually does, don't guess. If you do it could end badly.
@stem I just don't know what to connect together and where.

I already told you how it's done.
The cable from the thermostat should be traced back to its origin.... When you find its origin, note where the wires in L and 3 are connected and then disconnect the cable. Now link together the connections where the wires going to L and 3 have just been removed from to complete the circuit.

If appears that you are struggling, so the best bet for you is probably simply leave the RS2 connected as it was and set it to, and leave it on its maximum setting.

Perhaps on second thoughts maybe get a pro in, to sort it all out, there's quite a bit of rectification required. For a start this is dangerous:

Capture.JPG

There shouldn't be more than 1 to 2mm of conductor exposed below the terminals. Those live and neutral conductors are almost touching! :eek:

Here's a better example.

Capture 1.JPG

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Great, thanks a lot for all your answers.
I'll get a friend who's more into electrical stuff or a pro.

All the videos and instruction manual seem so easy to DIY.

Once again appreciate :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back