HIVE Installation/wiring... receiver not powering up?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking for some advice regarding wiring a HIVE with a thermostat. I believe that I have wired the HIVE receiver correctly, but it is not powering up?

Old thermostat wiring:

HIVE wiring:

the HIVE unit is not powering up? Can anyone give me some advice on a solution?

Thanks,

Anton

Sponsored Links
A supply would help !!
Also remove the blue wire if it was previously on room stat T4

That is totally wrong, the numbered terminals on the existing room thermostat do not corrospond with the numbers on the hive, they are totally different

1 = live(L) on the Hive
2 = Neutral (N) on the Hive
Bridge L & Common on the hive
3 = 3 on the Hive.

Sponsored Links
1 = live(L) on the Hive
2 = Neutral (N) on the Hive
Bridge L & Common on the hive
3 = 3 on the Hive.
Wont work properly,none of those wires is a permanent live , one will have to be put into a permanent live at the other end, otherwise anythime the boiler is s et to HW only the receiver will lose its power supply, it is of course possible that the room stat was the only control and does have a permanent live, but without knowing how it is connected at the other end cant really say

OK - thank you very much for the feedback. I figured the wiring was all wrong. I have no idea if the live is permanent or not? Not sure about how to make it a permanent live at the boiler /wiring centre, but will take a look and get an electrician to take a look if not clear and obvious.

Thanks Anton

The point is the Hive is not meant to be fitted in place of the existing thermostat.
It is RF and remote from its thermostat so that a cable to a thermostat position is not required.

It should be fitted near the boiler or wiring centre where all the necessary wires will be available.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back