Hive missing hot water period

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hive system been working ok for a while but the last 2 days the hot water has been cold at 8pm for a shower even though the hot water schedule should have heated it up for 6pm to 7pm. Everything else seems ok. So apart from a factory reset and reprogram is there anything else I can do please.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I had it the other way round. It was the zone valve for the heating that needed changing. Try putting it on permanently and turn the immersion temperature up. If it doesn’t start heating the water, it could be the zone valve. Sometimes, powering the system down and starting it back in kicks things back into life. It did with mine for a while.

Both 2 way valves was replaced last year, when you say put on permanently do you mean slide the lever and lock it in position , I will try that and a factory reset as well. I will ring Hive but all they will say is reset everything as thats what they have done all other times ive asked a question.

Sponsored Links
when you say put on permanently do you mean slide the lever and lock it in position , I will try that
No. Just go to the settings on your hive thermostat, choose hot water and then choose 'always on'. I never have mine on timed, mine is 'always on'. If you have a well lagged hot water cylinder it really doesn’t make much difference to have hot water on tap 24/7. I look at it as if I were driving a car - holding the throttle steady at a constant speed Vs slowing down, speeding up, slowing down, speeding up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back